Lemon Essential Oil – 15ml
Retail: $15.13 USD
Wholesale: $11.50 USD
Stock Number: #3578
With its bright and joyful aroma, Lemon essential oil benefits skin and hair as much as its aroma enhances your environment. This best-selling oil can be used in a variety of ways: Mix it with your cleaning products, use it during your nighttime skin care routine, or add a drop to your conditioner for a great scent. This oil is a key ingredient in many hair and skin care products, Thieves® cleaning products, and essential oil blends such as Thieves®, Citrus Fresh™, Clarity™, Joy™ and Harmony™. Because citrus oil can cause photosensitivity, avoid applying Lemon to exposed skin before spending time outside.
Product SnapshotFEATURES & BENEFITS
- Includes the naturally occurring constituents linalyl acetate, linalool, and ocimene
- Add Lemon to skin care products to possibly help reduce the appearance of aging.
- Use it to help remove adhesives.
- Keep Lemon on hand for its clean, energizing, and invigorating aroma.
- Diffuse it to create a more focused environment.
- Use its aroma to create an uplifting atmosphere.
From the bottle: Clean, refreshing, citrus aroma
ALSO FOUND IN
- Thieves® Home Cleaning Kit
- Thieves® Household Cleaner
- Thieves® essential oil blend
- Forgiveness™ essential oil blend
- Surrender™ essential oil blend
- Transformation™ essential oil blend
- Desert Mist™ Ultrasonic Diffuser
- NingXia Red®
- Thieves® Spray
- Pine essential oil
- Tea Tree essential oil
- Citrus Fresh™ essential oil blend
Ingredients Ingredients Citrus limon† (Lemon) peel oil † 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil Suggested Uses
Suggested UsesAPPLICATIONS Topical
- Make Lemon a part of your nighttime beauty routine by mixing 1–2 drops with your favorite beauty products. It will reduce the appearance of aging for a youthful complexion.
- Diffuse Lemon when the atmosphere is melancholy for a boost of cheer.
- Diffuse it at work or school for a bright aroma that creates a sense of focus and motivation.
- Boost your daily cleaning regimen by adding a few drops to your floor, window, or surface cleaning solutions.
- Fill the kitchen with a dose of Lemon’s familiar lemon-drop aroma to take clean to a whole new level.
- Banish everyday odors in your living room or family room by combining Lemon with other purifying scents such as Pine, Grapefruit, or Peppermint.
Lemon essential oil has a cheerful, sweet aroma that can freshen and fill your home with its clean, lemon-drop scent when diffused.
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ or olive oil and apply to desired area as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
CAUTIONS:Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health care professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
Get to Know
Get to KnowPRODUCT BACKGROUND Originally from regions in Asia, the lemon tree wasn’t common in Europe until the 16th century. It is a part of the evergreen family and reaches a height of about 20 feet. From those trees, 75 lemons are required to make one 15-ml bottle of Lemon essential oil. This is accomplished by cold pressing the rinds of the lemons, producing an oil with the aroma of freshly picked fruit.
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Citrus limon
REGIONS FOUND:Argentina, South Africa, Italy, Asia, California
PLANT PART USED:Rind
EXTRACTION METHOD:Cold pressed
YL REGION:Most Young Living Lemon essential oil comes from Argentina and South Africa.
Lemon essential oil joined the Young Living family in 1994. FAQ
FAQQ: Is it okay to use lemon essential oil to polish furniture?
A: We do not recommend using this oil as furniture polish as it can erode the furniture finish. We suggest testing how your furniture will react to essential oils in an inconspicuous place before using them over larger areas.
Q: Is lemon essential oil acidic?
A: No, Lemon essential oil is not acidic.
Q: How is lemon essential oil made? A: It is cold pressed from the rinds of lemons. It takes approximately 3,000 lemons to produce 1 kilo of oil.
Q: How many lemons does it take to make a 15ml bottle?
A: Each lemon differs in the amount of oil that can be extracted, but it usually takes between 50–100 lemons to make one 15-ml bottle of oil. Q: Does lemon oil oxidize? A: Young Living’s 100-percent pure essential oils do not expire and will maintain their integrity, efficacy, and properties almost indefinitely, provided they are stored properly in a dark-glass bottle, upright and tightly sealed, away from UV light, and in cool temperatures. Related Content
- All about Lemon
- Lemon essential oil uses and benefits
- Photosensitive essential oils: Summer safety tips
- DIY lotion bar recipe
- DIY stain remover with essential oils
- Skin care for your age
- 6 oils that do (almost) everything
- 5 reasons to keep Lemon handy in the kitchen
- DIY stain remover
- Save face: 5 DIYs for your skin type
- DIY essential oil lotion bars
- Lemon Bars
- Rome, Italy
Young Living May Promotion!
Cautions & Disclaimer*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
*Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use.
*Modern scientific research has not yet validated these traditional claims.
Ask Me Anything!
If you have questions about essential oils or healthier living, I’m available! Simply use the form below and I’ll be in touch as soon as possible.